M7 Family Holdings, LLC
Investment Analyst / Associate
Purpose of Position
· The Investment Associate will initially be focused on M7 Management (and its affiliates) and will assist the two partners, John Dearborn and Anthony S. Manna and various other members of the team (e.g., from legal and accounting) in the selection of technology and formal buildout of our back-office function, whose function is in tracking, monitoring and reporting on the health of our growing portfolio of investments.
· As time and performance permits, this position will eventually track towards a partner-level opportunity to assist in generating deal flow and decision making around initial and follow-on investments
· POTENTIAL EQUITY OPPORTUNITIES: In addition to advanced responsibilities and possible promotions, this position will be designed so that once the individual proves himself or herself, they will be afforded equity/investment opportunities in certain transactions.
This position is in Akron, Ohio and is not available as a remote opportunity.
· Coordinate and participate in fundraising meetings and portfolio updates with the partners.
· Participate in deal screening opportunities.
· Scan the market for back-office technology and provide support for decision making around the selection and implementation of the technology.
· Become the principal user of the technology and coordinate reporting to the partners and investors.
· Work with the partners on due diligence. Due diligence responsibilities include attending and participating in on-site meetings, analyzing the technology and market opportunity as well as the management capabilities, among other duties, as assigned.
· Serve as a resource to partners, internal as well as external, seeking current information on the current portfolio, including data and analysis, comparison to other investments, and the most recent feedback from external partners who generated the deal flow.
· Monitor pipeline related to fundraising and investment activity.
· Prepare materials for and participate in monthly M7 meetings in which the team discusses recent portfolio company meetings and current investment opportunities of interest and partner activities.
· Represent M7 at various external meetings. Further, duties could (and probably will) arise in sourcing and/or working on manufacturing, distribution and/or franchise deals for M7 Ventures.
· Bachelor’s degree (any major), but preferably with an engineering, accounting, or finance degree, with a strong record of achievement. MBA preferred.
· Interest in venture capital and in particular early-stage investment.
· Strong writing ability and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
· Ability and willingness to engage in conversation with managers and references.
· Solid MS Office skills (in particular, Word and Excel).
· Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team under tight deadlines. · Excellent project management skills.
· Willingness to travel, primarily in Northeast Ohio.
Company Overview M7 Family Holdings, LLC (“M7”) is the family investment office for the Manna family, founded by Anthony S. Manna (“Manna”). Manna is the founder and chairman of Signet, LLC (www.signetllc.com) (“Signet”) and the co-founder and chairman of the law firm, Brennan Manna & Diamond, LLC (www.bmdllc.com) (“BMD”).
By way of background, Signet was founded in 1995 and is a global investment firm, with investment holdings in four main areas: (i) real estate development, mainly in healthcare and institutional student housing, but also other development opportunities; (ii) real estate management services, both internally and to third parties; (iii) health and wellness operations; and (iv) chemical companies. In all areas, Signet’s business model is active and controls almost all of its investments.
BMD was founded in 2000 and is a full-service law firm serving entrepreneurs and businesses in a wide variety of industries. True to its entrepreneurial spirit, BMD appreciates the challenges and opportunities faced by businesses in today’s ever-evolving global marketplace. With offices in Cleveland (OH), Akron (OH), Columbus (OH), Jacksonville (FL), Orlando (FL), Bonita Springs/Naples (FL), Phoenix (AZ) and Dallas (TX). BMD professionals collaborate seamlessly across practice areas and geographies to provide exceptional service and advice to Signet and M7.
M7 is the majority owner of all Signet and other investments, such as BindTech (www.bindtechinc.com). M7 (mainly through Signet but also non-Signet entities) brings an innovative, unconventional approach to investing that embodies creativity and forward thinking to achieve long-term success. With leadership and expertise in the areas of project structuring (especially with its close relationship with BMD), capital formation, operational investment and management, M7 taylors strategy, tactics and resources to meet each unique opportunity. Boundless in ideas and tactics, M7 has spent over 20+ years crafting collaborative partnerships that advance initiatives in real estate, manufacturing, health and wellness, emerging technologies, investment banking and finance.
M7 also has several affiliates and subsidiaries for different investment options, some of which are:
1. M7 Ventures will focus in on merger and investment opportunities, both in active and passive management investments.
2. M7 Management invests in early stage or startups, mainly in technology. 3.
M7 Investments invests in publicly traded stocks via the stock markets (e.g., New York Stock Exchange, etc.).